GRASS RANGE- WINNETT RANGERS
JH FOOTBALL EQUIPMENT & CLOTHING LIST
1. Physical from a licensed physician
2. Football Shoes with plastic/rubber cleats – metal cleats are not allowed
3. Compression shorts, jockstrap or athletic supporter of some sort
4. Long Socks for practice
5. Compression Clothing
a. Long Sleeve Compression Shirts
b. Compression Pants
c. When the weather starts getting cold the compression clothing will help the kids keep warm during practice and games. You do not need to buy them the expensive “Under Armour” brand. I believe that you can get the shirts at Walmart for around $13 and the pants for $14.
d. Try to get these in Royal Blue, White or Red to go with our uniforms unless you already have some. Matching colors are not required according to MHSA for Junior High games.
6. Water Bottle - Due to COVID 19, kids may be asked to bring their own water bottles. I have not confirmed this yet but this could happen.
1. Mouth Guard – only if you do not like the ones the school provides
a. Receiver gloves aid in catching the football, depending on weather conditions
b. Lineman gloves have more padding and help protect all parts of the hand
1. Helmet & Chinstrap
2. Shoulder Pads
3. Practice/game pants that have thigh, hip, tailbone & knee pads & a belt sewn in
4. Practice jersey
5. Mouth Guard
6. Water Bottle for practice and games
7. Uniforms – including Jersey, Pants, Red Socks